Following the success of the Commit to Fit! Fall 4 Fitness Business-to-Business Challenge, the Greater Flint Health Coalition is pleased to announce the next opportunity to join the Commit to Fit! MOVEment in Genesee County with the Healthy Holidays Challenge.
A six-week, individual-based overall wellness challenge, the Healthy Holidays Challenge encourages individuals to practice simple, daily activities to be more active, eat healthier (a challenge in itself during every holiday season), and promote wellness to others. All individuals who live or work in Genesee County can participate at no cost by registering and tracking their activities at www.commit-2-fit.org. Those who complete the challenge goal will be eligible for a number of fantastic prizes.
The Commit to Fit! Healthy Holidays Challenge goal is for each participant to reach 5,000 or more Commit to Fit! Wellness Points during the six-week challenge period of November 1 through December 12, 2011. Wellness Points can be earned by incorporating simple healthy behaviors and activities into one’s every day routine. A detailed breakdown follows:
- 10 Points for each day with a Login
- 50 Points for every 2,500 Steps Logged in the Physical Activity Tracker
- 10 Points for every 2 Fruit & Vegetable Servings
- 10 Points for every 3 Hydration Servings
- 100 Points for every 1 pound of Weight Loss
- 50 Points for Starting a Team
- 25 Points for Joining a Team
- 10 Points for sending a Motivational E-Card
- 5 Points for Posting to Challenge Message Board
- 25 Points for Submitting an Event
- 10 Points for Each Day that you meet your “Daily Steps Goal”
- 25 Points for Submitting a Testimonial
All those who meet the challenge goal of 5,000 or more Commit to Fit! Wellness Points will be entered into a grand prize raffle for a number of great rewards. There will also be weekly prize drawings throughout each week of the challenge period.
For more information or to sign up, visit www.commit-2-fit.org, sign-in (or register if new to Commit to Fit!), and register for the challenge by visiting the “My Challenges” page to “Join Challenge – Healthy Holidays Challenge.”
It’s that simple. Register today – and tell a friend, family member, or co-worker to join the Commit to Fit! MOVEment with you today.