The Commit to Fit! 3-Ton Healthy Weight Loss Challenge focused on celebrating healthy living and community unity in the New Year. Men, women, and families throughout Genesee County united in efforts to accomplish a single cumulative goal – total 3 Tons of healthy weight loss in a two month period.
Through fun health activities, personal commitment, and collective support, the community successfully lost 5279 lb. While this is just short of our 6000 lb weight loss goal, this Commit to Fit! activity was success in many ways and demonstrates how this community can come together to improve our health. In additional to the successful collective weight loss, there were additional success stories and achievements highlighted below:
- 798 Participants lost weight during the challenge
- Average weight loss per participants was 2.88 Lbs
- 179 Participants lost 10 Lbs or more
- Over 500 Participants lost 3 Lbs or more
FITNESS & NUTRITION CLASSES
- The free Commit to Fit! Fitness & Nutrition classes were a great success in providing participants an opportunity to healthy activities in the winter months
- About 30 participants attended each class including Zumba, Resistance Bands, and Nutrition Education
- Stay tuned as these will return this spring as part of the 6 Weeks to Wellness Business-to-Business Challenge
- Thank you to all who participated in the Commit to Fit! 3-Ton Healthy Weight
- Loss Challenge – a successful community-wide effort in improving our overall health.
Visit the “My Challenges” page on www.commit-2-fit.org to continue to Commit to Fit! through the upcoming 6 Weeks to Wellness Challenge! Pre-registration begins April 1st.