The Greater Flint Health Coalition and HealthPlus of Michigan, as partners in Commit to Fit!, are pleased to present the 2012 Fall 4 Fitness Challenge, a community-wide business-to-business physical activity challenge that takes place during the month of October. Fall 4 Fitness encourages businesses, organizations and other employers to engage in healthy, active lifestyles. The goal is simple and achievable: 30 minutes of physical activity every day for every participant. Genesee County residents can sign up, too, at commit-2-fit.org.
Businesses and organizations can register now for the Fall 4 Fitness Challenge at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F4FChallenge. All businesses and organizations are asked to register as soon as possible, after which they will be provided with details on how individual participants can sign up to track daily minutes and participate in the challenge.
Throughout the month-long challenge, participating teams will track the amount of time they are physically active. All physical activity counts towards a total challenge goal of 900 minutes (30 minutes daily) over the challenge period.
To promote participation and engagement in the Fall 4 Fitness Challenge, and to incentivize organizations, businesses, and participants, HealthPlus and the GFHC will offer:
- A September 24 kickoff event featuring business-to-business fitness competitions;
- A social media competition that allows participating organizations to show how they will promote physical activity by posting fun, online videos;
- Individual incentives of cash-prize raffles and gym memberships;
- Free weekly fitness classes;
- Trophies and medals for organizations and participants.
Stay tuned for more Fall 4 Fitness Challenge information, including our Fall 4 Fitness Kick-off event, September 24, in downtown Flint.